- Download 380
- File Size 11.25 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 10, 2019
- Last Updated April 16, 2019
Spatial Collective was contracted by the KRCS to conduct research into Historical Fire Trends & Municipal Fire Response, with a focus on Mukuru Fuata Nyayo (the project site) in Nairobi, Kenya.
The objectives of this assignment were to:
1. Research and document historical fire incidents, including location, causes and impact in Mukuru Fuata Nyayo.
2. Research and document existing municipal response mechanisms, as well as current opportunities and challenges related to fire response in Mukuru Fuata Nyayo and the broader Nairobi.
3. Study the linkages between the municipal and community-based fire response mechanisms.
4. Comment on how socio-economic characteristics (demographics, community development & social cohesion) relate to fire outbreaks and response.